- Google SearchYes Google search is the ultimate tool according to me for the beginner web developers. These are the guys who are new to the technology and are unaware of the syntaxes, small mistakes that they do, small flows that they sometimes not follow. If they are stuck anywhere what is the first thing they do. Yes they search it on google and 90% of the times their problem is resolved by one or the other suggestion google provides them.
Git is important to learn for new web developers as it is the best tool present to manage collaboration
on big source codes. If there are many people working on the same source code then git makes it very easy to manage everything. You should and you must learn this tools as it is used everywhere and gives you an edge over others. You can learn about its usage here at Git and how to use it.
Next in the list comes editors, but which editor in particular I will prefer sublime as it is highly customizable and supports syntax for almost all programming languages. Atom is also a great alternative and has a great support and customization options. You can learn the customization tips and tricks on google search very easily.
- VimVim is also an editor so you might be thinking why I am mentioning it again. Its because this editor work in CLI i.e. Command Line Interface. And this is the interface that you get while you can accessing your server. Servers don’t have any interface so you cannot use any other editor that why you have to stick to these CLI editor.
- BashNow that we have talked about the server, you must also be aware of the bash shell which linux provides you to execute all your commands. You must note that for creating directory, deleting directory editing and running and stopping server you have to use bash commands only. So it is really important for you to learn bash commands. Bash is very powerful and once you are aware of commands like grep, top etc you will rock the linux world.
- VagrantVagrant is a tool which used by developers when they don’t want to setup the environment again and again on different machines to start working. Once you setup environment in vagrant you can easily use that vagrant box environment anywhere an directly start developing instead of spending time in setup.You can learn about vagrant here.
- AWSWhen it comes to servers and cloud no one is better than amazon and then they come up with the various cloud services which has made it really easy for small and medium size business and even few large one to make the use of its services and make a good online presence. They offer many services from Instances to queues to cloud front to security and many more. Now a days all the startups are hosted here. So it would be good to have tool in your grasp. It will certainly increase your value in this Information technology industry.
So these are the tools that I use daily in my development process and they are very handy and trust me they will add a lot of value in your professional life. This is recommendation from my previous experience on web development. Comment below if you want me to write more about any of these tools.